As part of the long-term commitment to support community recovery, the Canadian Red Cross is now offering financial assistance of $5,000 to eligible small business owners and not-for-profit organizations impacted by the 2021 B.C. flooding and extreme weather event.
The application period is from July 14, 2022 to September 30, 2022.
- Have been unable to operate for 10 consecutive days or more following the floods or;
- Have incurred physical damage to their buildings, equipment or inventory and that is not covered by insurance or;
- Have experienced challenges operating at full capacity due to local infrastructure issues within the community where they are based.
In addition, businesses and not-for-profit organizations must:
- Have 50 employees or less. *
- Be located in an area that was impacted by the floods in British Columbia in November 2021.
- Must be registered and in good standing with BC Registry at the time of the floods.
- Have been in operation on or before November 14, 2021.
- Be financially vulnerable as a result of the flooding in November 2021.
- Have resumed or are intending to resume operations.
- Have a net income of less than $350,000 (calculated as revenue less expenses). *
- Have the business be their primary source of income. *
*Does not apply to not-for-profit organizations.