The Public Works Department keeps our community safe by providing clean, safe drinking water, a reliable sanitary sewer system, and storm water drainage to help prevent flooding. We manage the roads in our community, as well as the parks and cemetery, and we provide for garbage and recycling collection.
For any comments, concerns, requests or complaints, please click here
to be redirected to our E-Service Request page.
What we do:
Many of the municipality's services are provided by the Town's Public Works or "Operations" Department and include: road and sidewalk construction and maintenance, water service, waste water collection and treatment, storm sewer management, parks and cemetery care and maintenance.
The Town encourages its citizens to adopt water conservation measures to make the best use of the town's infrastructure. Princeton property owners are subject to water restrictions from May 15 to September 30 annually. Click on the following link for further details: Sprinkling Regulations
**As of April 19, 2022 - Stage 2 Sprinkling Regulations are in effect, until further notice**
- Even numbered civic addresses may water on Wednesdays and Saturdays only.
- Odd numbered civic addresses may water, on Thursdays and Sundays only.
- No watering is permitted between Noon and 6:00 pm.
- Washing of boats or motor vehicles with a hose is permitted only if using a hose with an automatic shut-off device.
- No one may use a hose to wash sidewalks, driveways, walls, roofs or other outdoor surfaces, unless the hose is equipped with an automatic shut-off device, and the purpose of washing the surface is: to prepare a surface for painting, sealing, or similar treatment; or for the health or safety of any person, or to prevent or control fires.
- Stage 2 restrictions do not apply to any person who is watering in compliance with a valid permit.
- Public sector entities may, during Stage 2, water lawns, boulevards and playing fields at any time, but no more than every second day.
Solid Waste Management
The Town contracts curbside solid waste and recycling collection services for residences and businesses within Princeton town limits.
Princeton residents can have a two bag/can garbage limit per week. A limit of TWO (2) standard size garbage cans or bags will be allowed each collection week. A standard size garbage bag is 90 litres, as per Bylaw 298, 1977, Section 2:
"Every householder shall provide and maintain in good and sufficient order and repair for each dwelling owned or occup0ied by him a maximum of two containers with handles. Each container shall hold a maximum of 90.0 litres (or 20 gallon equivalent) and each shall be provided with a good and sufficient water tight cover."
Regional District Area 'H' property owners are provided domestic garbage bag "tags" that can be affixed to their domestic refuse bags and brought to the landfill located at 171 Princeton-Summerland Road. Garbage tags can be picked up at Princeton Town Hall, 151 Vermilion Avenue there is no cost to these tags for Area 'H' property owners.
Public Parcel Viewer
The Public Works Department is also responsible for maintaining the many buildings, facilities and parks owned by the Town including the outdoor swimming pool, Municipal Campground, Princeton Cemetery, Princeton Regional Airport; Town Works Yard, Town Office and Visitor Centre.
The town-owned municipal airport operates during daylight hours. The Public Works department provides winter maintenance including the plowing of the runway and apron. For airport operations, contact the the Town of Princeton at 250-295-3135. The airport offers automated fueling services. NavCanada maintains a weather office at the airport.
Public Works (Operations)
Please call Town Hall at 250-295-3135 as the Public Works Shop was destroyed in the flood and there is no phone line.
After hours water, sewer and Airport emergencies
Princeton Sanitary Landfill
Princeton Regional Airport
Princeton Regional Airport Emergencies