Town Hall - Frequently Asked Questions

My address is wrong. How can I update it?

Change of mailing address cannot be done through Town Hall and must be updated through Land Titles or BC Assessment.

The LTSA (Land Title and Survey Authority of BC) recently launched a new online way for BC property owners to update the mailing address on a title.

The address on a title is where information about a property may be sent, such as assessment, property tax and speculation tax notices. Property owners are encouraged to ensure it is an address where they can receive mail. It does not have to be the address of the property. 

BC property owners can update the mailing address on a land title online at using the BC Services Card app. The option to mail or deliver an application in person by appointment at a Land Title Office is also available. To learn more or start an application, visit

Your mailing information can also be changed on the BC Assessment website

I require a tax certificate. How do I get one?

A tax certificate is $25.00. Your request can be emailed to or Turn around time is 24-48 hours.

Can I pay my taxes or utilities online?

Property Taxes are due July 1 (or next business day) of every year

Yes, through online banking or telephone banking, if you bank with CIBC, Scotiabank, HSBC or Credit Union you can add Princeton as a bill payee. 

On your banking app, go to 'Add Bill Payee', search for Princeton and choose either property taxes or utilities. (Please note, you cannot pay anything other than Property Taxes or Utilities online)

This is an example so you can find your account number at the top right hand corner of your Property Tax Notice:

This is an example bill for for Utilities and your account number is found in the top right corner on your Water & Sewer bill:

Please contact your financial institution if you require assistance in setting up the Town of Princeton as a bill payee.

You cannot pay the following bills through online banking:

  • Business Licence
  • Pet Licence
  • Accounts Receivable or Payables 
  • Permits - building, development, etc. 

Can I pay my invoices/bills/notices by credit card?

No.  We are not set up to receive credit card payments.

Can I pay my invoice/bills/notices by e-transfer?

No.  We are not set up to receive e-transfer payments.

Does the Town offer a commissioner service for signing affidavits?

  • The Corporate Officer and Deputy Corporate Officer positions are designated as commissioners for taking affidavits in British Columbia
  • Affidavits will only be accepted for local government purposes
  • Other documents must be taken to the Government Agent or a lawyer or notary public.

What is the Homeowner's Grant?

Visit the provincial government website to learn more about the province’s home owner grant program. 

  • Residents in municipalities no longer apply for the home owner grant through their municipal office. Everyone now applies directly to the province using a new online system that’s easy to use and will process applications faster.
  • The grant must be applied for each year, prior to the tax due date to avoid late payment penalties.
  • The grant amounts are shown on your tax notice. They are set by the Province.  The maximum grants available currently are:
    • $770 for the regular grant
    • $1,045 grant for persons 65 years of age or older or persons with qualifying disabilities.
  • Click here to claim your home owner grant online with the province.

When is the Town Office open?

The Town office is open 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.

The office is closed:

  • New Year's Day (January 1)
  • Family Day (3rd Monday in February)
  • Good Friday (Friday before Easter)
  • Easter Monday (Monday after Easter)
  • Victoria Day (Monday preceding May 25)
  • Canada Day (July 1)
  • BC Day (1st Monday in August)
  • Labour Day (1st Monday in September)
  • Truth and Reconciliation Day (September 30)
  • Remembrance Day (November 11)
  • After 12:00pm on Christmas Eve, and for the week between Christmas and New Year's Day